The heady heights of a budding relationship can quickly fall into the treadmill of something more humdrum and yet it doesn’t have to be that way.
So, what makes better relationships in both life and business?
Well who better to ask than a relationship coach.
Susie Miller, known internationally as The Better Relationship Coach is an Author, Speaker and Coach. She is dedicated to helping people create better relationships and is the bestselling author of Listen, Learn, Love: How to Dramatically Improve Your Relationships in 30 Days or Less! She teaches us that by being willing to listen, open to learn and therefore ready to love – truly, deeply and kindly – any and all relationships can be reignited beyond our imagination.
Over the last few weeks of the Changeability Podcast we’ve been exploring the many facets of love and relationships:
- In episode 80 – Celebrate Love, we took a light-hearted look at love in all its many forms in today’s world.
- Episode 81 – turned our attention to self-love. What is self-love and what are the signs that we don’t always love ourselves, plus six reasons why you should
- Episode 82 taught us 10 ways to build the self-love habit
- And finally, last week we looked at the fascinating topic of rituals and how to build self-love rituals into your life, to become a happier, more fulfilled, confident and effective person, with more self-esteem and a better sense of our own self-worth.
With all that talk of self-love, we thought our mini-series on love and better relationships with ourselves deserved to be broadened to include better relationships with our loved ones and those other key relationships we have with friends and work colleagues.
So to help us ‘put deposits in our relationship bank’, we invited Susie Millar to come and speak on that very subject of better relationships, in episode 84 of the Changeability Podcast. And what a great interview it turned out to be.
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, I will try again tomorrow.” ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
In episode 84 of The Changeability Podcast
Hear your hosts Kathryn and Julian interview Susie and discover:
- How important love and relationships are to making changes in life
- How difficulties in these areas impact all aspects of our lives
- Why relationships are the ‘currency of today’
- How, with all the pressures of everyday life, we go about creating and sustaining lasting and meaningful, better relationships
- The importance of ‘intentionality’ in our relationships
- Why we can easily find ourselves taking our relationships for granted
- Why we need relationship goals, and concrete examples of what those goals would look like
- Susie’s take on a ‘hierarchy of relationships’ and the need to be ‘present’ in your relationships
- How to achieve balance between the different types of relationships we have, with our spouse or partner, our children, business and work colleagues and friends
- How much of our relationships goes on in our mind
- Plus, practical tips on how we can improve all our relationships
- All this, and a little extra bonus for Changeability Podcast listeners you’ll want to check out.
Mentioned on today’s show:
- Susie’s website – susiemiller.com – the Better Relationship Coach
- Susie’s book – Listen, learn, love – How to Dramatically Improve Your Relationships in 30 Days or Less!
- Susie’s offer to Changeability listeners – susiemiller.com/brilliantliving