“You can prepare yourself for success, you can step into the feeling of actually having achieved the goal, see what it feels like, tweak it a little bit and see if it really is the goal that you’re after.” ~ Richard Scott
Today’s guest on the Changeability Podcast is Brisbane based, Richard Scott at mynd.works. We asked him onto the show for his valuable insights on the subject of goals, goal-setting and making your goals a reality.
Richard’s work combines Psychology, NLP and CBT with traditional and modern hypnosis to bring the latest techniques in mindset motivation, psychotherapy, and stress management.
Richard's highly successful techniques are world renowned with clients spanning over 30 countries, including celebrities, world champion sports stars, members of royalty, X-factor finalists, government, special forces and everyday people from all walks of life.
We’re sort of guessing, we’re the latter of that list!
Episode 75 of the Changeability Podcast
On this week’s episode:
- Why Richard is collecting the alphabet!
- Why set goals and indeed should we set goals?
- The value of SMART goals (and the debate over the realistic element of SMART)
- The place of visualization in achieving your goals
- The accountability factor
- The question that Richard’s never been asked before on goals, and his response!
- What are the most popular goals people want to achieve?
- Can you fear ‘success’?
- Taking the emotion out of goal-setting
- Planning for things going wrong when goal-setting
- Techniques for removing negative emotion or emotional trauma
- How trauma in early life can sometimes defeat goal-setting
- About the lady in her 70s who had a trauma when she was two
- The main reasons why people don’t achieve their goals
- The “disillusionment stage” in achieving your goals
- Resilience and goal-setting
- Tracking your progress – and the goal you shouldn’t do this with
- Why giving up some things needs realism in your goal-setting plans
- Soda-pop addiction and more.
“If you slip try harder the next day or try a Plan B, or side step around the challenge, but don’t beat yourself up.” ~ Richard Scott
Links mentioned in the show
- Find out more about Richard Scott at mynd.works and receive a stress buster .mp3 plus details of a free 25 minute ‘rapid change’ consultation.
- Richard on twitter @myndworks_intl
Next steps in goal-setting
If you want to achieve your goals, it starts with setting goals that work.
Find out about our new course on how to set goals for success in life and business at BrilliantLivingHQ.com/goals
We look forward to hearing from you and are excited to see what's going to happen for you and all of us this year. Let us know your plans in the comments below.