“I really want to help people to be the best expression of who they’re made to be. And often I think we need people to call that out of us” ― Luke Strickland
Our guest this week is Luke Strickland of The Potting Shed Podcast who joined us in the studio to help us with exploring creativity.
About Luke Strickland
Writer, thinker and dreamer Luke Strickland, is the host of the The Potting Shed Podcast, an eclectic exploration of a variety of topics helping you to be the person you’re created to be. His warm, engaging style is like a chat with a supportive friend.
In the best Potting Shed traditions, it is nurturing - nurturing and guiding with honesty and humour as he shares his struggles and successes along life’s way.
Join us as he talks about exploring creativity in his life and how you can do the same in yours.
Episode 65 of the Changeability Podcast
In this week’s episode, we explore:
- Why Luke named his podcast ‘The Potting Shed Podcast’ and what he gets up to in it
- How to make space for your dreams
- Releasing personal creativity and freeing ourselves from constraints preventing us achieving our full potential
- How to think bigger
- How we are all ‘works of art’ called upon to make a masterpiece of our lives
- How are weaknesses are our strengths
- How Luke uses metaphors to structure stories to illustrate life
- How to find the best expression of who you’re meant to be
- How life is about leaving behind the things you are not
- How we are all unique individuals
- Being authentic and why it’s ok to be a ‘work in progress’
- The dangers of perfectionism
- How to see yourself in a different light – and Luke’s Damascus Road moment!
- The value of accountability
- Immersion song-writing and how to write 20 songs in a day!
- The value of momentum
- Ways to find your own creativity
- The value of a community in exploring your creativity
- Playfulness and creativity
- Exploring different senses to open up your creative juices
- The value of collaboration and community
- And more
If you like what you’ve heard please leave us a review on iTunes or Stitcher.
If you’re wanting to make changes in your life or business we invite you to sign up for our Changeability Starter Kit - a free video course delivered to your inbox - and start getting clear about what you want.
Thank you for reading and listening and we look forward to being with you again next week.